YA Group Fall 2022
Young Adult Group – Fall 2022
This Fall, our group is beginning the Emotionally Healthy Discipleship course with the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality book and video series. Part 1 of this course is a plan for discipleship that deeply changes our relationship with God. EH Spirituality does this in two ways: 1. Addressing directly the reality that emotional maturity and spiritual maturity are inseparable, that it is not possible to be spiritually mature while remaining emotionally immature. 2. Equipping people in a personal, firsthand relationship with Jesus by incorporating stillness, silence, and Scripture as daily life rhythms.
INTRO NIGHT – September 8
SESSION 1 – September 15
- “The Problem of Emotionally Unhealthy Spirituality”
SESSION 2 – September 29
- “Know Yourself That You May Know God”
SESSION 3 – October 13
- “Going Back in Order to Go Forward”
SESSION 4 – October 27
- “Journey through the Wall”
SESSION 5 – November 3
- “Enlarge Your Soul through Grief and Loss”
SESSION 6 – November 17
- “Discover the Rhythms of the Daily Office and Sabbath”
SESSION 7 – December 1
- “Grow into an Emotionally Mature Adult”
SESSION 8 – December 15
- “Go the Next Step to Develop a Rule of Life”
Our gatherings will either: 1) Begin @ 6pm with a meal at someone’s home OR 2) Begin @ 6:30pm in the Youth Room of First UMC Hershey. See the signup to be a host and/or provide a meal for one of our gatherings. GroupMe (contact Stephen to join) will have weekly communication on location/timing, how to prepare for each session, and general conversation.
Contact Stephen Haverstick with any questions.